background

Monday, August 8, 2011

Cassandra's 32nd Birthday Weekend 2011

My birthday weekend started Michael serenading me with "Happy Birthday" on his keyboard (with back ground beat) and other songs! Eric had a beautiful box of Baklava delivered to our home during the day (I requested this instead of cake). Then my girlfriends taking me out to dinner in SLC at Faustina's. Deeeeeeeeee-licious! I'm certain I burned off the calories I ate in laughter!! I love these gals!! We went back home to play Wii (DDR, karaoke, just dance, etc.)
The next morning Eric swept me off for a snowboarding trip at Snowbird. I love snowboarding and Eric is great at skiing but thought he would give snowboarding a whirl! Little did we know that Snowbird is one of the hardest places to learn because of it's difficult runs.
At the top of a run, it got cloudy, dark, and started snowing very hard. Visibility was low and Eric went straight off the side of the mountain! He tumbled hard and fast! Me and a gal (who we later found out was a surgeon) slid to his rescue. He knew instantly that he had broken his collar bone (this is the 3rd time in his life he had broken it) and was in loads of pain. The ski patrol came and strapped Eric to a sled and took him to Snowbird's onsite hospital. I made my way down the mountain and found him in pain in the hospital. :( poor thing! They xrayed it and saw he had broken it for sure!


My sweet husband still made me breakfast the next morning (my actual birthday) because he had promised! A broken collar bone couldn't even make him break his promise! Those were the sweetest pancakes I ever ate. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment